Monday, February 28, 2011

Guest writing: Bad at Sports

Gallery shots from the current Peter Saul show, Stupid Arguments, at Corbett vs. Dempsey (Photo by Julia V. Hendrickson)

I'm still recovering from the whirlwind writing gig over at Bad at Sports last week. I was so happy to have the forum to share interesting stories about some amazing friends of mine in the Chicago art scene. I'm pretty sure I wrote, typed, and transcribed over 40 pages in five days (while working full-time, too!). Who knew that an hour-long recorded conversation covers about eight pages? It was a great experience in terms of pushing myself as a writer: I'd never formally interviewed anyone before, nor had I tried to write from recorded interviews. I hope that those conversations continue to evolve over the rest of the year, and that they will be of interest in the future.

Take a glimpse into the worlds of some of the people that are part of my daily life here in Chicago, and let me know what you think!

February 25th, 2011        Notes on a Conversation: Arielle Bielak (Marwen)
February 24th, 2011        Notes on a Conversation: John Corbett & Jim Dempsey (Corbett vs. Dempsey)
February 23rd, 2011        Notes on a Conversation: Nadine Nakanishi & Nick Butcher (Sonnenzimmer)
February 22nd, 2011        Notes on a Conversation: Angee Lennard (Spudnik Press)
February 21st, 2011        Notes on a Conversation: Mark Pascale (Prints & Drawings, The Art Institute of Chicago)

No comments:

Post a Comment