Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ork and Newcity!

Chicago special edition, four-color screenprint, to view/ purchase go here. Image (c) Ork, Inc.
Matters of the Heart, two-color screenprint, to view/ purchase, go here. Image (c) Ork, Inc.
The Great Lakes, screenprint, to view/ purchase go here. Image (c) Ork, Inc.

Today was a beautiful, bountiful day! I started working part-time with the Chicago-based city neighborhood poster company, Ork Posters, and I'm already having a blast.

Also, my first piece for Chicago's cultural weekly newspaper, Newcity, came out today! Here it is, a Portrait of the Artist: Nathaniel Russell. With editorial help from Jason, I think it turned out quite well, and I'm happy to highlight a talented artist. Check out Nat Russell's new work, silly videos, and doodles on his blog here.
Rainbow Ride, ink on paper, Nat Russell, 2009.

Ellie Krieger cupcakes image via Flickr, from user Olian.

In other news... FOOD. I've made these Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (a recipe by Ellie Krieger from the Food Network) a couple of times for birthday events recently, and WOW are they good! Very easy to make, basic ingredients, and everyone loves them!

Also, I've been getting into kale and collard greens in a big way lately, and tonight was a mouth-watering delight of an improvised dish: seared greens with portabella mushrooms, garlic, pepper, and fresh thyme. My taste buds are still reeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment